Sunday, May 22, 2011

(#163) Fried rice with turmeric

This yellow rice is not the same as a regular yellow rice like I've made in the past, where I cook the rice in some coconut milk, turmeric and other spices.
This one is actually  fried rice with some fresh turmeric roots and kencur or kaempferia galanga. It's very simple to make. If you are interested you can check out the recipe HERE.

Back in my childhood time my mom always made this whenever I complain I have a stomachache. Later in life I learned that turmeric and kaempferia galanga is great for your health. So this is awesome right? not only because of its unique taste (in a good way off course)! but also benefits your health! hey I am all for it!!!
So I would love to introduce this traditional dish to my kids. And they LOOOOOVEEE it so much!


Inside the box : bunny onigiri (fried rice with turmeric and kaemferia galanga), omelet noodle, carrots, cucumber, grape tomatoes, broccoli, and Indonesian style fried chicken. Inside the circle box are some fresh plums, cara-cara oranges, strawberries and dried apricot.


Here are another pictures :



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails