Sunday, September 11, 2011

(#172) Rice and marbled egg

Hi everyone!!! I am back!! hope you are all enjoying the summer.
I did not post any picnics bento as I mentioned on my last post :P Even tough we had so many picnics over the summer. Too lazy to take any pics I guessed :P

Anyway, school has been resuming since last week, but I only got my bento making mojo recently :P ...
Well, we went to Hawaii right at the very last week of summer vacation and the boys missing a couple days of school. I made bento on Friday but did not take any pics.

Up for tomorrow's bento I made some nasi uduk (jasmine rice cooked in coconut milk and some spice and herbs) I made this a lot. There are also some marbled egg (halved), some flowered omelet with carrot in the middle, fresh carrots and some mixed heirloom tomatoes. I also put some grapes and strawberry. Last but not least some low fat blue berry cultured milk kefir pack in a mini bottle.


Here is another pic :

6 comments:

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

Looks so yummy, Lin
my family love nasi uduk, too :)

Lia Chen said...

Hi Lin! Welcome back ... Have been wondering where are you lately. Cute and delicious bear! And I love your mini bottle, wish I can get it here (^.^)

Mommalina said...

JournalMommyYeny : Thank you so much ... we are all love nasi uduk!!

Lia Chen : Hi Lia ... apparently summer vacation has made me loosing my bento making mojo ... hahaha ... I thought I'll keep blogging with some bento picnics or something .. but I failed ... we are enjoying the much needed sun so much while we can.
I got those mini bottle from etsy.com I think the seller's location is in Korea.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) said...

Hi Lina! Welcome back! ;D
I reckon you must had a wonderful summer with all the picnics! I can understand sometimes we just wanna enjoy all the fun to the fullest w/o any distractions or interruptions like taking pics of the rest having fun all the time. ;)
Nasi Uduk sounds so tasty with those ingredients you added (I love all kinda fragrant rice!) Do you post any recipe for that? Marbled egg=hard boiled egg?

Mommalina said...

Hi Lyn .. thank you!!! ^__^ You are absolutely right!!! especially for us here in the pacific northwest, this has summer been a little too cold, the SUN only comes once in a while and is like teasing us. LOL ...
Marbled egg is actually hard boiled egg but cooked in some spice and herb like galanga, turmeric, bay leaf, garlic and some red onion's skins to give its color. Traditionally in Indonesia they using guava leaves. But since I am lack of guava leaves I use tea bag instead, works great!!! will post the recipe in my other cooking blog ^__^ thanks again for your kind comments.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) said...

Hi Lina, you're always welcome! ;D
I think I've heard of this egg that cook with other spices.. but that's alright. I'll just stay tune on your recipe instead! Tks so much Lina and have a great day! ;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails