Wednesday, September 28, 2011

(#179) Rice rolls and kabocha

I know it's too early for Halloween ... but I just can't wait :P

Inspired by Sheri at Happy Little Bento, I made jack-O-lantern with small cherry tomatoes.
When I grab one basket of cherry tomatoes from the store I thought I spot some yellow/orange color with its stem still attached, but once I got home there aren't much left, the stems are loosing as soon as I open the package :( so I use the red color ...still okay I think ...


Anyway, I made some rice rolled with omelet. I cooked the rice with some mushroom stock so it's already flavorful. There are also some baked blue kuri squash (my kids like to call it kabocha), English cucumbers, fresh kiwis and jack-o-lantern mandarin orange.
Here's the up-close pic :


It ain't too bad huh? ... hopefully by the time Halloween's coming my carving skill would be improved ...LOL ...
Here are couple more pictures :



2 comments:

Quay Po Cooks said...

OMG, this look so pretty and who could resist what is inside. You did a great job on the carving!

Mommalina said...

Quay Po Cooks : Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind comments too, really made my day ^__^ (it's been so cloudy and cold here lately)

Related Posts with Thumbnails