Thursday, September 22, 2011

(#177) Fried Rice *again???*

Yup!!! fried rice is always safe my day ..especially in a busy and lazy days like toda :(

I cooked some fried rice for dinner and spare some to be packed for tomorrow's bento.
I have featured the same fried rice in the past, you can see it HERE and for those who wanted to know how to make it you can check my other cooking blog HERE.

Back to the bento now, next to the rice there are some plain tamago, sliced cucumbers, carrot chips and mixed heirloom tomatoes.


I also packed some sliced of fresh apples sprinkled with cinnamon (not pictured). I know they have been bringing this for snack time for the last 3 or 4 days ... but they love it!! ^__^ and I have tons of fresh apples from our apple trees at the backyard.

2 comments:

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) said...

Hi Lina, your fried rice looks so tasty and nice tamago you made! ;)
Regarding about the mantau recipe you were asking me the other day, what kinda mantau are you looking for? Steamed plain ones or with fillings? I've never make any before but there's a few blogs whereby they made steamed plain or with fillings inside.. maybe you could try their recipes? Here you go:
Char Siu Bao/BBQ Pork Bun/叉燒包/叉烧包 I'd tried making Pierre's Char Siu / 叉燒 / Char Siew / Chinese BBQ Pork 3 times and my family loves it very much! ;)
This is Tina's Siopao from the Philippines. I've never try this tho but I think it's quite similar just that this Siopao uses minced meat.
Here is a plain steamed mantau I found while googling Steamed Mantau (Chinese steamed bun, 饅頭) using a Breadmaker
Hope you like any of these recipes. ;)
Btw, I may be posting on steamed mantau with braised porkbelly (when I've the time to) that's similar to this here : Steamed Mantau Will inform you when I post it. ;D

PS: We're busy with our new house lately that restricted the amount of time I can spent online/blogging, so hope you can wait and I apologise for my late reply to you. ;(

Mommalina said...

Lyn : thank you thank you thank you thank you sooooo much!!! you're amazing giving me all the links above ^__^ I'll check one by one and will try to tackle the easiest one to make ...
I never make mantau before but I am craving for one with the chicken fillings or the plain one ... yummm ...thank you again for your reply.

Good luck with your new house ^__^ can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails